Data collection requirement for all Aetna small group plan sponsors
Prescription drug data reporting submission due 4/1
Prescription Drug Data Collection (RxDC) reporting for the 2022 reference year is required to be sent to the departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and Treasury no later than 6/1/2023. This is in response to requirements in the 2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act and implementing regulations.
Aetna is committed to complying with all legal and regulatory requirements affecting their business operations and customer's health benefits. The following is how they’re helping Small Group plan sponsors submit these reports.
The submission process
- Aetna has sent instructions to all Small Group plan sponsors.
- Plan sponsors should fill out this RxDC Plan Sponsor Data Collection Form with the required data by 4/1/2023. The required data includes the following:
- Average monthly premium paid by members
- Average monthly premium paid by employer
- Funding arrangement
- Issuer name/legal entity
- Plan sponsors must complete a form for each product with enrollment based on Aetna's legal entities (example: Aetna Health of California, Aetna Life Insurance Company, etc).
- Aetna can then use the data to submit on behalf of the plan sponsor.
Process for submissions that are missing or incomplete by 4/1/2023
Aetna will submit the report without the required plan sponsor data. Failure to respond will impact their ability to accurately report on the plan sponsor’s behalf, and Aetna will not be responsible for any liability associated with the inaccurate report.
Please note, if your clients don't complete this form, Aetna will submit on their behalf but it will be incomplete. Per the RxDC regulations, your clients would then need to submit the information directly to CMS by 6/1/23.