In 2022, Florida Blue fulfilled a new reporting requirement for the Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA) – Section 204 mandate across our Commercial business. The following is part of their continuing effort to fulfill the requirements of the CAA – Section 204 reporting for health care and pharmacy spending in 2023 and beyond.
In order to complete this next phase of reporting, Florida Blue needs to collect specific data via survey from their employer groups by February 20, 2023, to submit federally for this filing year.
Florida Blue is are committed to supporting their employer groups with Florida Blue PPO, HMO or Truli for Health plans with this new reporting requirement. On February 1, 2023, their Section 204 data collection survey went live on FloridaBlue.com for employer groups to complete. Employer groups were notified via letter (please see attachment) that they will need to provide the following:
Fully Insured Employer Groups
- Calendar year premium amounts for the employer and the employee
Self- Insured Employer Groups
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) name
- PBM Employer Identification Number (also known as the Tax ID)
- Department of Labor (DOL) Form 5500 Plan Number (if applicable)
- 2021 average number of employees (including seasonal and part-time employees)
- Calendar year cost sharing employer and employee information (premium equivalents and administrative fees)
- Calendar year total Administrative Services Only (ASO) and Third-Party Administrative (TPA) fees (pharmacy only)
- Calendar year total premium equivalents (pharmacy only)