2024 Portfolio updates
Health Net has increased their portfolio and has added 2 new HMO plan designs, and 1 new PPO plan for 2024! New plans include the HMO Platinum $35, HMO Gold $55 and the Gold HDHP PPO 1600/20%.
- Medical: Q1 2024 small business rates will have a 2.6% increase for HMO plans, and an unchanged net average for PPO plans.
- Dental: New rates available. No plan changes at this time.
- Vision: No rate or plan changes at this time.
- Optional chiro: In 2024 all plans will have the chiro rider option. The chiro rider will be an additional $3.00 PMPM for all HMO and PPO plans.
Health Net is continuing their current promotions:
Enhanced Choice Promo
- Must have 5 active subscribers.
- Groups of 5-100 eligible employees.
- No DE-9C required.
- No prior carrier bill required.
- All eligible employees declining coverage must provide a waiver including those enrolling with another carrier.
- Employees enrolled on another carrier through the same employer will not count against participation.
Sell HMO with 6 Promo
- Mix and match any HMO plans
- Must have 6 active subscribers.
- No DE-9C, participation attestation, or prior carrier bill required.
- No participation attestation. Waivers are not required unless sold alongside Life or Employer Paid Dental/Vision.
- No PPO plans.
- New HMO sales only
Health Net's relaxed paperwork requirements make selling groups easier!
- 2 weeks of payroll for a startup groups of any size (down to 1)
- Mix and Match any of their 52 plans
- Health Net can be written alongside any carrier, no limit to the number of carriers if participation is met.
- Groups of 1-4 enrolling, 70% participation
- Groups of 5-100 enrolling, 25% participation is required -Not a promotion!
- PEO subgroups accepted with a quarterly wage report or 2 weeks of payroll from the PEO.
2024 Small Group Portfolio Highlights
- NEW! Health Net has added 2 new HMO plan designs, and 1 new PPO plan design.
- Health Net is continuing no medical deductibles in any HMO plans on Full, WholeCare, SmartCare, or Salud networks.
- Adding chiropractic buy-up rider for all plans.
- All Small Group plans will have telehealth services provided by Teledoc.
- No plan discontinuances.
- Matched Chiropractic coverage copays for HMO & PPO, removed visit limits.
- Out-of-State PPO partnership with Cigna, for broader OOS network access.
- Alternate sites of Care and Value Added Services expand member access and experience.
- Catch Health Net's Peak Season Broker Incentive while you can for new sales July 2023 through January 2024 effective dates!
- Broker commission incentive: 6% for 6
Why Health Net?
Health Net offers an array of small group benefit solutions and are committed to offering the right size plans and networks that are designed to suit your clients' needs.
- Access to quality care paired with affordable rates.
- Health Net's plans and networks are winning combinations of affordable, competitive rates, and access to quality care. They offer HMO and PPO solutions for each small business client.
- Robust provider network options.
- Health Net offers a robust number of options to meet benefit, coverage, provider access and budget needs. Clients have the choice and flexibility with Health Net's six networks: Full Network HMO, WholeCare HMO, SmartCare HMO, Salud HMO y Mas, CommunityCare HMO and Full Network PPO.
- New! National PPO Provider Network Outside of California is Changing
- For small employer groups based in California, effective November 1, 2023 the Cigna PPO Network will replace the First Health Network as the provider network outside of California for Health Net PPO Plans with out-of-state coverage. With over one million providers and 6,300 facilities, the national Cigna PPO Network offers a wide selection of doctors and hospitals, competitive discounts, and flexibility to support value-driven plan designs.
- More flexible underwriting.
- Enjoy simpler selling and flexible choices with health net's underwriting guidelines and two promotions.
- For groups enrolling 5 or more eligible enrollees with Health Net, employees enrolled on another carrier through the same employer are now considered valid waivers.
- Participation guidelines have been reduced to 25% for groups with 5 or more enrolling employees within Health Net's Enhanced Choice program, or you can sell HMO only with just enrolling 6 employees!
- Concierge style service for ALL brokers
- Health Net has a dedicated account manager assigned to ALL brokers. Health Net's expert account management team is here to make sure that brokers and their clients have a positive experience.
- More Network Choices.
- Mix-and-Match HMOs and PPO so your clients can have the flexibility of picking their favorite plan design and pairing it with any of the networks offered in their location.
- Access to video appointments 24/7 with Teledoc
- Health Net's select telehealth services provider offers an easy option when you need non-urgent care. Members can use their smartphone or computer to consult with a U.S. board-certified doctor, 24/7. The telehealth doctors can diagnose and treat cold and flu symptoms, allergies, upper respiratory infections, and skin problems, as well as send prescriptions to the local pharmacy, in some cases.
- Members select telehealth services provider contact information is listed on the back of the member ID card.
Contact your Amwins Connect Regional Sales Manager for more information on Health Net's Q1 Updates.