The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (Section 204) requires insurance companies and employer-based health plans to submit information to the federal government about:
- Spending on prescription drugs and healthcare services
- Prescription drugs that account for the most spending
- Drugs that are prescribed most frequently
- Prescription drug rebates from drug manufacturers
- Premiums and cost-sharing that patients pay
Beginning next year, employer groups will need to submit information to Sutter Health Plus regarding the average monthly premiums paid by employers on behalf of enrollees and paid by enrollees each year. For calendar years 2020 and 2021, Sutter Health Plus is not requiring this information from their employer groups and no action is needed at this time.
In anticipation of calendar year 2022 reporting, Sutter Health Plus is developing an online form for employers, or their brokers, to conveniently submit the required information. The Premium Reporting Form will be available in early Q1—look for more details to come in the new year.