The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (Section 204) requires insurance companies and employer-based health plans to submit information to the federal government about:
- Spending on prescription drugs and healthcare services
- Prescription drugs that account for the most spending
- Drugs that are prescribed most frequently
- Prescription drug rebates from drug manufacturers
- Premiums and cost-sharing paid by enrollees
To meet this requirement, employer groups must submit information to Sutter Health Plus regarding the average monthly premiums paid on behalf of enrollees and the amount paid by enrollees each year. For calendar year 2022 reporting, Sutter has an online Premium Reporting Form for employers, or their brokers, to conveniently submit the required information. They also have a PDF version if you or your employer clients prefer submitting a PDF they can submit to CAA204@sutterhealth.org.
Sutter Health Plus appreciates early reporting, if possible, with submissions due no later than March 1, 2023.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Amwins Connect Sales Representative or call Sutter Health Plus Member Services weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at (855) 315-5800.