The company, isolved, surveyed full-time employees to learn about their expectations for benefits programs and platforms. At the top of the wish lists are better enrollment technologies, more customizable benefits packages, a bigger variety of benefits, and cost analysis for benefits plans.
Also, employees overwhelmingly want a comprehensive wellness program to address physical, mental, and financial well-being.
Here's how employees say that their employers could improve benefits enrollment:
- 17% Better technology to elect benefits online
- 16% More customizable benefits packages
- 14% A cost analysis for benefits plans
- 14% More flexibility in the types of benefits they offer
- 13% More information about the enrollment process
- 12% Elimination of manual election
- 8% More information for each plan option
- 4% An open-enrollment virtual assistant
- 3% A more family-driven experience
The most popular enrollment tech feature is the ability to see a real-time cost analysis of elections. With this capability, employees can view per-paycheck deductions for benefits contributions before finalizing their elections. Another popular feature is having the previous year's elected benefits roll over for them to confirm. Only 5% of employees are unlikely to roll over benefits from the previous year.
When it comes to benefits communications, email is the most popular:
- 42% Email
- 17% Calendar Reminders
- 11% Webinar/presentation
- 10% A team meeting where participants can ask questions
- 8% A one-on-one meeting to go over plan details
- 7% A virtual assistant guiding employees through the process
- 6% FAQs documents
Contact your Amwins Connect Regional Sales Representative to find out how to meet employees’ wish lists when it comes to benefits and communications.